MAKE TODAY MATTER:
PREPARE FOR AN EMERGENCY:
F - 800 tornadoes are reported annually.
A - The average path of a twister is 660 feet wide and up to 50 miles long.
- 39 states are considered at risk of an earthquake.
C - 46% of disaster deaths occur due to floods.
- Because of contamination, clean water is harder to find than food after a flood.
T - A tropical storm becomes a hurricane when the speed of its winds reaches 74 mph.
S - September 11, 2001, will always be a reminder of the reality of terrorist attacks and the damage they can cause.
TAKE ACTION TODAY:
1. Develop a family communication plan by selecting a person outside your local area for everyone to call in case of an emergency.
2. Ensure every member of your family knows the phone number and has coins or a prepaid phone card for calling the emergency contact. Cell phones often get jammed due to high call volume during disasters.
3. Designate a primary and secondary meeting location.
4. Create an emergency supply kit with a 3-day supply of basic items such as: fresh water, food, first aid, towelettes, garbage bags, a flashlight with extra batteries, local maps, a whistle, dust masks, tools, a can opener, and cash. Check and rotate supplies every 6 months.
Disasters are never planned, but they will happen. They are inevitable.
Being prepared is the only thing you can do.
Having proper supplies and a well thought-out plan can make all the difference in your survival.
Readiness will also reduce fear, anxiety and potential losses.
PREPARE TODAY...FOR ANY KIND OF TOMORROW.