MAKE TODAY MATTER:
PREPARE FOR AN EMERGENCY:
F - 800 tornadoes are reported annually.
A - The average path of a twister is 660 feet wide and up to 50 miles long.
- 39 states are considered at risk of an earthquake.
C - 46% of disaster deaths occur due to floods.
- Because of contamination, clean water is harder to find than food after a flood.
T - A tropical storm becomes a hurricane when the speed of its winds reaches 74 mph.
S - September 11, 2001, will always be a reminder of the reality of terrorist attacks and the damage they can cause.
TAKE ACTION TODAY:
1. Develop a family communication plan by selecting a person outside your local area for everyone to call in case of an emergency.
2. Ensure every member of your family knows the phone number and has coins or a prepaid phone card for calling the emergency contact. Cell phones often get jammed due to high call volume during disasters.
3. Designate a primary and secondary meeting location.
4. Create an emergency supply kit with a 3-day supply of basic items such as: fresh water, food, first aid, towelettes, garbage bags, a flashlight with extra batteries, local maps, a whistle, dust masks, tools, a can opener, and cash. Check and rotate supplies every 6 months.
Disasters are never planned, but they will happen. They are inevitable.
Being prepared is the only thing you can do.
Having proper supplies and a well thought-out plan can make all the difference in your survival.
Readiness will also reduce fear, anxiety and potential losses.
PREPARE TODAY...FOR ANY KIND OF TOMORROW.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Giveaways of Blessing is giving away a Wanda Brunstetter book entitled The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club. Wanda is a superb writer so you don't want to miss out on this fabulous giveaway. The giveaway runs from September 3rd through September 14th. Good Luck and God Bless.